This position is responsible for development and support of Ruby on Rails applications with MS-SQL Server. Candidates must be proficient in Ruby on Rails and T-SQL with SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012.
• Developing Ruby on Rails applications
• Implement fixes for existing applications as per specifications or on direction of senior staff
• Develop/implement new modules to enhance existing applications
• Perform testing and work with QA on ensuring that application meets relevant QA standards by taking ownership to devise a plan for minimizing errors and bugs
• Keep clear and descriptive code comments; understand project documentation and keep project files (naming convention and structure) well organized. Contribute to technical documentation
• Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions in applications
• Lead/mentor developers and share knowledge through knowledge-sharing presentations
• Communicate with client and other teams’ staff on task progress, assess implementation risks and work toward keeping the project within objectives (timeline, budget, quality)
• Increase proficiency level in technologies used by the client and investigate and develop skills in new technologies
Education and Work Experience:
The candidate should have over 4 years of working experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background in CS, IT or related scientific discipline is preferred.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org