This position participates in the strategic planning process and regional implementation of Global Technical Strategies. This position interacts with Regional and Global Colorcon technical & commercial teams and customers directly, coordinate and leverage technical resources in SA and ensure that the team has sufficient know-how, tools and competency to support customer projects. The position handles highly confidential and competitive information related to Colorcon’s operations as well as customer data.
- Responsible for leading all technical activities in South Asia including adherence to Global Best Practice Guidelines
- Technical leadership & mentoring of Area Technical Managers, Film Coating Manager & Formulations Technologies Manager
- Project management including planning, risk management, budgeting, timelines & allocation of resources for troubleshooting studies for a range of oral solid dosage forms with external customers/ companies.
- Responsible for leading Formulation Center of Excellence (FCE-Goa) laboratory and providing leadership to Technical Services Laboratory (TSL) and on-time and first time right (FTR) sampling
- Travel to customer’s sites and Colorcon Facilities as per annual action plan for the region and as and when desired by business needs.
- Responsible for training and development of regional technical and sales team members on latest tools, products and services
- Responsible for maintaining relationship with Senior leadership (Presidents, VPs, Directors) and though leaders of Industry & Academia
- Represent and lead Colorcon at external industry events, symposia’s and Conferences presenting and promoting the latest Colorcon technologies and technical capabilities.
- Responsible for leading technical events in the region including education programs (Coating School, Formulation School, Modified Release Forum) and specialized events at customer sites
- Member of South Asia Leadership Team
- Technical leader for recruitment of Area Technical Managers, Film Coating Manager and Formulations Technologies Manager
- Understanding of regulatory requirement for filing of generic products (ANDA) for domestic and international markets is desirable.
- Strategic thinker and demonstrated leadership & teamwork skills with ability to handle multiple projects at a time, ability to multi task, prompt decision making and problem solving ability required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to prepare and present technical information
- Extensive travel may be required (Up to 35%), inherent to customer project support and promotions
- Project planning and/or excellent time and resource management skills/ prioritisation processes
- Demonstrated ability to function within a matrix organizational structure
Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences with 10-15 years of experience in Pharmaceutical or allied industries. Previous oral solid dosage formulation experience within the pharmaceutical industry, academia or in pharmaceutical excipients preferred.
Job Location: Verna, Goa, India
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Visit: Colorcon Job Site